Alaska Cruise

June 27-July 5, 2105

Alaska has always been on my Mom’s “bucket list” so, earlier this year she mentioned to me that she would love to go on an Alaskan cruise, when I texted that to my brother, his response was “what Mom wants Mom gets!” so….we booked it.

We left on Friday, June 26th in FIRST CLASS on American to Seattle.


We spent the night right across the street from the Space Needle…..


On Saturday morning we got ready to go to the port.  We met up with Mitch and Shannon….

Our boat was the Norwegian Jewel.  We boarded the boat

***********************************************SUSAN NEEDS TO FINISH****************************

July 2nd

The kids and I were to meetup with Susan, Nanny, Mitch and Shannon over the Fourth of July weekend. We had a late flight on Thursday after I got off work. When we got to the airport, our flight had been delayed from 9:30pm to 11:30pm. This was going to be rough. At about midnight, they announced that we had a new plan coming to get us to take us to Seattle. At about 1:00am, they cancelled the flight. The flight was going to be full and everyone was irate. I loaded the kids in the car and drove home. I was on hold with Southwest the whole time to make other arrangements. I finally got through and they booked us on a 6am flight. We had two hours to sleep and then back to the airport. The kids had a tough time, but it was fine. We got $600 in vouchers so it was totally worth it to me. At the Seattle airport, we had time to eat and shop and visit the new AMEX Centurion Lounge. The Lounge is smaller than others, but it had a great view of Mt. Rainer. They also had free Jones sodas, which the kids enjoyed. We next boarded a small Alaska Airlines prop. plane for a short flight to Victoria, British Columbia.





The scenes out the window were beautiful! In Victoria, we rented a van and went to meet the cruisers. We got there about 15 minutes before they got off the boat. After we said our hellos, we got in the van and drove about 30 minutes to Butchart Gardens. We had a quick lunch and then walked around for a couple of hours. The flowers were beautiful and the weather was perfect.




IMG_0382 IMG_0383 IMG_0388 IMG_0389 IMG_0392 IMG_0395

After that, we drove back into town and walked around downtown. Next we went to a boardwalk type area and had some snacks. Then we took the cruisers back to the port. The kids and I were staying close to the airport.

IMG_0399 IMG_0403

On the drive to the hotel, we found that we were a few miles from the ferry port to Vancouver, so we drove on to take a peak. Then, we went to the little town we were staying in, Sydney by the Sea, and explored it. After that, it was straight to bed in the Travelodge.

IMG_0405 IMG_0408

The next morning, we had another early flight to Seattle. It was another Alaska Airlines prop plane. When we arrived at the airport, we went ahead and checked into our airport hotel, the Doubletree. I was able to get us a pretty large suite with view of the tarmac. We hung out at the hotel until Susan called. She let us know they were off the boat in Seattle, so we took an Uber to meet them for a day of exploring Seattle. We met them at the downtown hotel Mitch and Shannon were staying at, the Kimpton. From there we walked. We actually ran into some old friends, the Clayborns. Their son was wearing a Rockwall shirt, and Trey spotted him. They were going to take the same cruise that Susan just got off of. We walked and explored the Public Market, my favorite. We got the mini-donuts, saw the fish guys and the original Starbucks. After that, we took the trolley tour around Seattle. I would say this was a bust. It was expensive and we really didn’t see anything new, other than all the Starbucks. When we got to the Space Needle, we got off the trolley and returned to our hotel. We got to the hotel in time to go swimming. The water was cold, but it felt pretty good, but the hot tub felt better. We then ate at a Denny’s, close to the hotel. Our flight the next morning was early, 5:30am, so we watched a few fireworks off our balcony and then turned in. The next morning, our early flight was the 3rd morning in a row with flights at or before 6am. The kids did great, though, and I’m so glad we met the cruisers in Victoria and Seattle.

IMG_0419 IMG_0420 IMG_0421 IMG_0426


IMG_0428 IMG_0433



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s