Colorado Rockies

8/8/16 – 8/9/16

The Rangers were playing a series in Colorado and it just happened to fall on Trey’s 13th birthday. This would be a great birthday trip. He had is party at Hurricane Harbor. I picked him up from Susan close to Love Field so we could head to Denver on Southwest. We arrived in Denver at about 7 pm. At the airport, we saw Kirk Cameron, from Growing Pains, and his family. There was a Ranger game going on at the time, but we didn’t go. It ended up being a really nice comeback win for the Rangers. Instead, we took the airport shuttle to the Airport Doubletree. We walked across the street and got food at a Smash Burger and brought it back to the room to eat and watch the game. The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel and then went swimming at the hotel pool. It was an indoor pool with pretty cold water and a deep deep end. We got ready and took an Uber to Coors field. It is located in a revitalized downtown/warehouse area. We got there pretty early, so we walked around the park and a bit of the town. One of the nicest parts was Union Station, an old train depot that has been restored and is still functional.

We were some of the first people in Coors Field. Unfortunately, they weren’t doing batting practice. We did get close to Yu Darvish as he did a bullpen session. Coors is a really nice park and the weather was gorgeous. Trey got a few autographs from Rangers and Rockies, including one from Cole Hamels. Our seats were about 10 rows behind the Rangers dugout. It seemed like the stadium was 1/2 full of Ranger fans. One of the things they have that you can purchase is a session to do the broadcast of the game. They even record it for you and it’s a video of the game with your voices on it. I purchased the whole 6th inning for Trey and I. We went to a little booth in the outfield with TV monitors and microphones. They even give you notes to use about the teams and players. We had a really nice time. Trey has said he wants to be a broadcaster when he grows up.

After the game, we took our time getting back to the airport. We had a late flight that was delayed some. We got home pretty late, but it was worth it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s